Job title: Global Youth Program Manager
Reports to: Director of Youth Engagement and Advocacy
Location: New York, USA
citiesRISE is a multi-stakeholder initiative challenging cities around the world to turn the tide on mental health and wellbeing. Through research and on-the-ground experience, citiesRISE is learning and sharing what makes cities and communities mental-health friendly, especially for young people within underserved populations. We are dedicated to applying the best of global evidence and local community experience to scale up proven interventions and models. Collective action and a systems approach are at the heart of our interventions and young people at the leading edge of change.
citiesRISE was founded in 2016 and is now positioned to dramatically deepen its impact through the expansion of current initiatives and the launch of new global programming to bring meaningful and sustainable progress to communities across the world. Our current scope of programming is focused around implementing and scaling mental health interventions in schools, colleges, and communities with the underlying principle of promoting youth voice and leadership. citiesRISE has established substantive partnerships to catalyze collective action across sectors to fundamentally transform the story of mental health around the world. We are currently working in five cities across four countries: Chennai, Nairobi, Bogotá, Seattle, and Sacramento.
citiesRISE is seeking a Global Youth Program Manager to manage the global coordination and support for citiesRISE city programming in cities. The Global Youth Program Manager will deploy innovative and holistic support to young people through citiesRISE’s youth accelerator that aims to activate and support youth leaders in our cities to drive systems transformations in mental health. The role includes management of international youth leaders’ networks, mentorship and grant management to Youth Challenge Award winners across five cities, and ensuring meaningful youth engagement across program interventions in schools, colleges, and communities. The Global Youth Program Manager will work closely with various global team members, international partners, and local city teams, building relationships and supporting partnerships at local and global levels.
Meaningful youth engagement is core to the citiesRISE model and the Global Youth Program Manager will collaborate with and support youth leadership in every activity. Success in this role will be achieved by effectively managing and streamlining citiesRISE youth focused programs so that there is a systematic approach to cross-city youth programming.
The Global Youth Program Manager will be primarily responsible for the following activities:
- Provide vision, direction, and coordination to citiesRISE teams on meaningful youth engagement, mental health programming, and advancing policy reforms related to youth mental health;
- Work seamlessly with other members of citiesRISE global team and provide input on youth programming and work closely with other team members on relevant projects;
- Youth Challenge Award grant management of 19 international projects, including leading grant negotiations, supporting award winners to undergo capacity building training, leading knowledge management and translation of project and programmatic data, and driving analysis of portfolio progress;
- Liaise with other coalitions and organizations working closely on children and youth issues;
- Contribute to strategic planning and fundraising efforts to maintain and expand related areas of work;
- Support global coordination and management of network of young leaders in mental health across 5 cities
- Work with technical experts and partners to design new mental health programs in schools, colleges, and communities
- Monitor and report program progress and performance at the global level
- Track program deliverables and ensure timely completion across 5 cities
- Identify implementation challenges and risks for resolution as appropriate
- Experience working directly with young people and/or implementing youth programming
- Master’s degree in public health or related field
- Experience applying youth development and meaningful youth engagement principles
- Ability to meaningfully connect with diverse youth in varying contexts
- Three to five years of program management experience, including in low-resource settings
- Ability to interpret and apply mental health research to programming
- Ability to broker and manage partnerships
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Five or more years of program management experience, including national (US) and international settings.
- Youth development work experience in low and middle-income countries
- Leadership capacity building experience and training
- Ability to robustly design, monitor, and evaluate programs
- Experience in education programming
- Experience providing acceleration services to entrepreneurs / innovators.
- Project management certification
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line: Global Youth Program Manager. References will be requested as needed.
Compensation and Benefits
We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a respected track record. Compensation and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
citiesRISE provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Individuals from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.