Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Location: New York, NY
citiesRISE is a multi-stakeholder initiative challenging cities around the world to turn the tide on mental health and wellbeing. Through research and on-the-ground experience, citiesRISE is learning and sharing what makes cities and communities mental health friendly, especially for young people in underserved populations. It is mobilizing cross-sectoral collaboration and building a global movement to spark and connect city- and youth-led action in cities around the world.
The mission is to mobilize leadership, resources and practical interventions through proven methodologies of collective action and a network approach. Founded in 2016, citiesRISE aims to have a broader impact in the global mental health space through the expansion of current initiatives and the launch of new programming to bring meaningful and sustainable progress to communities across the world. citiesRISE has established partnerships around the world to catalyze collective action and fundamentally transform mental health policy.
The Executive Assistant (EA) position is an opportunity for an organized, committed and creative individual to assist the CEO in being highly efficient and effective to enable rapid decision making and a smooth workflow. Reporting directly to the CEO, the EA provides support in a number of business areas in a one-on-one working relationship. The EA serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO. The EA must be a quick and adaptive thinker who takes initiative and enjoys working in a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community-oriented. The ideal individual will exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, administrative and organizational skills, and be able to maintain balance while managing multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Conserves CEO’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence, drafting letters and documents, collecting and analyzing information, and initiating communication on a variety of platforms
- Maintains CEO’s travel calendar and appointment schedule, planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, speaking engagements and travel arrangements
- Maintains partner and stakeholder confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Establishes filing and retrieval systems and records meeting discussions and minutes
- Maintains office supply inventory
- Provides hardware and software technical support and troubleshooting, coordinating with external resources as needed
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Assists with event planning for large convenings, team retreats, and smaller meetings with external parties
- Provides creative input for media content
citiesRISE is looking for candidates with proven management experience, exceptional attention to detail, and an advanced capacity for systems thinking and team leadership. Qualifications include:
- Meaningful connection to healthy communities and a passion for social justice
- 3-5 years of administrative experience in a fast-paced organization, preferably non-profit
- Undergraduate degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable style, positive team player
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented approach to all projects
- Outcome oriented in a fast-paced environment with frequent short-term deadlines
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google platforms
- Interest in and skill for designing creative and communications content
Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line: Application for Executive Assistant to the CEO Position. References will be requested as needed.
Compensation and Benefits
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected initiative. We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a respected track record. Compensation and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
citiesRISE provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Individuals from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.